Made with Grit
40: A new hire, outbound sales and finding new use cases for your product
Landon and Kyle discuss their new customer operations hire, force-testing the business by going on vacation, a renewed focus on outbound sales, finding a new use case for their product that has brought on $100k+ new ARR in three months, getting plugged into the tech community when you're remote, and Landon's first seed investment.
- First post-covid vacations
- New hire running customer operations and freeing Landon up to sell
- The struggles of handing-off tasks you've owned for years
- Force testing how the business runs without you
- What is a customer ops manager?
- What Landon has been doing on the outbound sales side and how it's going
- A new product direction/use case that's brought on $100k in ARR in the past few months
- How to find these opportunities
- How we're feeling about the Userfeed acquisition six months later
- Outbound sales email
- Copy pointers
- Industry-based sequences
- When email works and when it doesn't
- How we approached outbound at Rigor (selling to enterprise in a highly competitive incumbent market)
- Personalization do's and don'ts
- Why making assumptions in emails work
- Landon's first seed investment (Grayscale). See episode 15 where we talked to the CEO of Grayscale (Ty) about his business. By the way, they're hiring.